Sunday

Damien's Experience with a Weighted Blanket

It's been on my list of "things to do" for months,  but I never had enough pellets or I was busy with another order. But earlier this week, I didn't have any orders and I had 5 pounds of pellets on hand, so I made him a weighted blanket. 

I have loved this fabric when someone first ordered a dinosaur blanket and knew I wanted it for my kids.


The first night he wasn't so sure about it. He didn't want it on him so I made it into a game. I showed him how soft the green fabric was, and he started petting it. Then I showed him the dinosaurs and we played the "find the blue dinosaur" game. After a few minutes, I slowly put it on him and watched as he got comfortable. You could see his little body relax. I left the room and five minutes later went in to check on him, and was surprised to find him asleep. Most nights, it takes an hour or so for him to fall asleep and he wakes up 3-4 times a night to come in bed with me.

That night, he slept all night and I was so happy. He wanted his blanket all morning and we took it to our therapy appointments with us. Last night, he went to bed with it and fell asleep fast again and even slept in this morning. 

While I was cleaning the house, he layed on the couch with his blanket and watched a few shows. 


This weighted blanket has been a life saver this week. I felt like I had a new baby, getting up as much as I did.  Now, he'll drag it out of his room and just sit with it on the couch. Now, I have to make his sister one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment